‘Speak Up Speak Out’
Essential Communication Skills
You’re never too young to learn how to say what you mean or get yourself heard.
‘Speak Up Speak Out’ training is a one-day training course in a safe and supportive environment. Practical exercises will help to develop self-confidence and trust in the speaking process. There is nothing more empowering than speaking publicly with clarity and from the heart. This is a must!
You’ll learn to:
– Speak with confidence and clarity, using your voice for impact
– Think on your feet – impromptu speaking
– Structure your speech and your topic
– Enjoy public speaking in a day of fun games and exercises
– Understand and use body language to emphasise your words
– Receive group and individual feedback given by our expert trainer throughout the day
– Learn to listen to others
– Two Day, One-day, half-day or 2 hour workshop
– Max. 25 participants in a group (negotiable for schools) for full-day workshop
– Max. 20 participants for half-day and 2 hour workshops
– This specific training can be delivered at our office; however, if you already have a group who want to take part, we’ll come to you
The next workshop to take place at our office will be on 30th and 31st August. It will be a 2 day workshop and guardians will be invited on the second day to come along and watch the speeches prepared by the young people.
The days will run from 1pm-5pm and is suitable for participants aged 12-17.
Training for Young People
Absolutely fantastic! I feel so much more confident – it’s great to get feedback. There are so many useful tips which help. The trainer is excellent – very non-threatening. Thanks!
The Isaac Newton Professional Development Centre
Top Ten Tips
3) Structure Your Talk
Use a clear structure – beginning, middle and end. This will help keep your mind focused on what you want to say next.
Chingford Foundation School