‘Speak Up Speak Out’
Essential Communication Skills
We all need to be heard. At every stage of our lives we need to communicate – at work and at home, in meetings, at interviews or out in the community. Nerves may never disappear completely, but it is possible to get the ‘butterflies flying in formation’.
‘Speak Up Speak Out’ training is a one-day training course in a safe and supportive environment. Practical exercises will help to develop self-confidence and trust in the speaking process. There is nothing more empowering than speaking publicly with clarity and from the heart. Whatever your level of skill or experience, this is a must!
You’ll learn to:
– Speak with confidence and clarity – using your voice for impact
– Think on your feet – impromptu speaking
– Collect and to use relevant information – structuring your speech
– Enjoy public speaking
– Understand and use body language to emphasise your words
– Receive group and individual feedback given by our expert trainer throughout the day
– Available as a one-day workshop, 10am – 5pm,
– Lunch is provided
– Small groups, max. 15 participants for one-day workshop
– Training is delivered at our office
– The cost is £180 per person including lunch and work materials
– Training can also be delivered at your place of work if you have a group of people who want to take part. Please get in contact for a quote.
- Confidence in Public Speaking increases by an average of 75%
- ‘The teaching style was the best it could have been as it was encouraging and enthusiatic but not too pressurising.’ – Toby
- ‘Very good, inclusive, made me feel comfortable in a supportive environment. Lots of techniques to take away and practise.’ – Robyne
- ‘Really great. Supportive environment, lots of humour, great to practice speaking during the day and get constructive feedback.’ – Fran
- ‘Fantastic facilitator! Really experienced, engaging, interested, supportive and willing to help. Amount of people in the group meant we all had a good go!’ – Nicky
Next workshops at our office:
Wednesday 26th April 10am-5pm
Wednesday 10th May 10am-5pm
Tuesday 20th June 10am-5pm
Monday 17th July 10am-5pm
Tuesday 22nd August 10am-5pm
Monday 11th September 10am-5pm
Tuesday 3rd October 10am-5pm
Tuesday 24th October 10am-5pm
Monday 13th November 10am-5pm
Tuesday 5th December 10am-5pm
‘Speak Up Speak Out’ Level One is our core training. When you’ve completed Level One, Levels Two and Three are available to help you really take your skills to new heights.
Training for Adults
I never thought public speaking could be so much fun!!!
Open Workhsop Participant
Top Ten Tips
8) Practise Practise Practise
‘Practise makes perfect’ so give yourself the best chance of impressing your audience. Try out your speech in front of friends, family, in your head or in front of a mirror.
Harris Academy Morden
Featherstone High School
Rethink Mental Illness
British Film Institute